Our Client is committed to delivering great enterprise solutions to a global workforce. The Senior Unified Communications Engineer will play a key role in designing, validating and leading projects for the roll out of communication and collaboration solutions. This role is part of a new Enterprise Productivity organization focused on improving the productivity of the global employee workforce through adoption of new and emerging solutions and a “customer first - mobile first” approach.
This is an exciting opportunity to redefine an enterprise UC practice and consolidate several desperate tool sets into a unified suite of products that enable a new wave of communication and collaboration across our workforce. This role is on the Endpoint Engineering team, which is responsible for testing, designing and implementing user facing enterprise solutions specifically to enhance their productivity.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated with the ability to develop a team with a broad understanding Unified Communications market and a deep understanding of Microsoft technologies. The role will require excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly learn and apply new and constantly evolving technologies. The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills to successfully interact with various levels of management, business partners, product managers, Global Customer Support and Launch and Adoption teams.
Expectations of this role include:
• Thought-leadership in establishing, driving, and directing a robust and innovative Unified Communications strategy aligned with the company's business and productivity goals
• Perform assessments (Proof of Concepts) on UC integration options between Microsoft and Cisco technologies
• Design and Plan upgrade path to consolidate Lync 2010 (IM, Federation, Presence and Application Sharing) and WebEx (Web conferencing, Video Conferencing and Audio Conferencing) under Skype for Business/Skype for Business Online
• Design and Plan upgrade path to include conference room scheduling and integration with Exchange 2010/Exchange Online.
• Design and Plan UC upgrade path to include telephony. Prepare proposed designs for implementation in 2016.
• Work closely with Microsoft, Cisco, our existing UC and Conferencing resources and relevant other UC partners to implement Skype for Business/Skype for Business Online
• Recommend personal and room based UC configurations
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field strongly preferred
• 5+ years of Unified Communications experience in IT and 10+ years overall experience with exceptional strength in delivering operational capabilities through elegantly engineered solutions
• Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered. Candidates with no degree must have a minimum of 7 years of Unified Communications experience in IT.
• Successful track record of delivering IT implementation projects tied to clear business results
• Be able to lead, design and transform communication and collaborations processes and the underlying systems
• Demonstrated ability to influence and shape the opinions of key stakeholders in a matrixed environment
• MCSE: Communications Certification or equivalent with Lync 2013/Skype for Business
• Experience implementing web & video conferencing with Lync 2013/Skype for Business
• Experience implementing a hybrid configuration with Lync 2013/Lync Online or Skype for Business /Skype for Business Online
• Experience integrating room based video conferencing using Cisco, Polycom and Crestron with personal video conferencing on Lync 2013/Skype for Business
• Experience implementing telephony integration (PBX, SIP trunking, etc.) with Lync 2013/Skype for Business
• Experience implementing and extending Lync 2013/Skype for Business to mobile platforms
• Experience implementing these technologies on a global scale
• Experience upgrading or migrating from Lync 2010 on-premise to Lync 2013/Skype for Business on-prem
• Deep knowledge and relationships in Unified Communications industry
Job Level: Individual Contributor