Client is currently seeking an Amazon Web Services Certified Solution Architect Associate/Professional with a minimum of one year of recent hands-on experience with architecting and delivering AWS solutions. The most qualified candidates will have multiple years of AWS experience as well as experience with Data Warehousing and/or Big Data Analytics. We will consider those with equivalent experience in other public clouds such as Azure and Google.
The Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) leverages broad technical knowledge of the public cloud offerings of key providers such as Amazon Web Services, Azure and Google to architect custom solutions that meet the business and security needs of the customer. The CSA will work in conjunction with knowledgeable Client Architects to develop Client Unified Data Architecture ecosystem solutions in the cloud that include the Client RDBMS, Hadoop and Aster as well as third party components such as analytic, Business Intelligence and Data Integration tools
The CSA is responsible for identifying, establishing, and managing AWS Test Drives, Proof of Concept (POC), and production engagements on the public cloud. This includes defining new “as-a-service” packages in areas such as analytics, database, and platform that leverage public cloud environments and support internal developers and external partner solutions.
The CSA will participate in the design and development of a cloud and/or hybrid architecture that will be aligned with the client’s business objectives based on business, information, application, and system requirements. The CSA is highly consultative and always seeks to first understand the customer requirements.
The candidate should demonstrate excellent customer facing skills to represent Client well within a customer’s environment and drive discussions with senior personnel, as well as, a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to the development team. He/she will demonstrate an ability to think strategically about business, product, service, and technical challenges.
Key Areas of Responsibility
Provide direct and substantial support of the team's revenue and margin objectives via the following:
• Support the growth of Client’s cloud consulting practice
• Be a credible thought leader in discussion on public/hybrid cloud solutions with customers and analysts
• Educate customers and delivery teams on agile development methodologies and DevOps options, best practices, and toolsets
• Work collaboratively with other lead architects to support customer and account teams in migrating to and developing new analytic solutions to a public clouds
• Contribute to the financial objectives of the team through business development and demand-creation activities
• Gather and document client requirements, and translate them into process and system architecture designs and ready-to-order” configurations.
• Understand the client’s business goals, information needs, application requirements, IT plans and architecture and, articulate and defend linkage to the proposed architecture and application designs.
• Earn the right of being a trusted advisor to the customer's decision makers by establishing credibility and expertise in public cloud offerings
• Comfortable with travel 50%
Qualifications and Skills
• AWS Certification as a Solution Architect Associate/Professional or deemed to have equivalent experience
• Expert level knowledge and working experience of AWS products and services (e.g. Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift, Amazon CloudFront, Amazon EMR)
• Significant working knowledge or hands-on experience with AWS SDK and CLI Tools
• Experience for building / deploying complex infrastructure
• Proven hands-on cloud migration solution design / delivery experience
• Ability to effectively address data security concepts in public cloud as it relates to customer needs including an in depth understanding of Federated Security / Single Sign On, and AWS IAM
• Demonstrate capability to design cost effective high available systems on public / hybrid cloud and with environment estimation tools
• BS/Masters in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related business degree.
• Client interfacing, relationship building, and consulting skills required
• Experience with Agile development methodologies and implementing them to AWS DevOps practices
• Proven capabilities in relational database, and/or Hadoop, technologies in the application development environment (e.g. Client, DB2, Redshift, RDS, Oracle, HortonWorks, Cloudera, etc.)
• Operational knowledge of third party DI, BI, Visualisation and Analytical tools and emerging technologies (e.g. Informatica, DataStage, Cognos, Tableau, SAS, R, AWS etc.
• 3+ years Solution Architect experience with AWS or comparable experience, preferred