This role manages the Customer Field Service business throughout the assigned Northeast region. This includes directing and managing approximately 7 District Service Managers and 100 field service technicians. This role is also responsible for the management of the Regional Administrator and 3 Product Support Specialists. Responsibilities also include maintaining strong customer relationships with our critical accounts including renewing and capturing new service business in the region.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Setting a vision for the regions and team
- Communicating with your team on a consistent basis to increase understanding of business
- Motivating the team to drive results and exceed expectations
- Participate in decision making such as process improvement planning and establishing short-term and long-term goals and business plans
- Advise the Senior Vice President on needed actions for the Region
- Assist in making GGS a great place to work
- Direct the operating activities of the DSM’s and Field Service organization in the designated region.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets
- Managing costs and ensure that the Region operates within budget
- Hold DSM’s accountable for managing their district to meet the needs of the customers and SLAs.
- Maximize performance from all individuals in the organization
- Mentor DSMs and Technicians to find new management talent.
- The ability to drive outstanding results in a lasting and sustained manner
- Develop good work processes that increase efficiency and productivity
- Perform high level monitoring of all Region activities such as revenue recognition, customer relations maintenance and resolution of Field Service issues
Customers and Sales Responsibilities
- Deliver top notch service and meet contracted commitments to our customers
- Ensure that all customer SLAs area achieved
- Work with sales management on strategies to increase revenue in new and existing accounts
- Find alternative channels to increase service revenue
- Perform any other management functions as necessary
- Strong leadership, decision-making skills, organizational and strategic planning capabilities
- The ideal candidate will live or be willing to relocate to the Northeast Region (MI, OH, WV, NY, NJ, PA, CT, MA, VT, RI, NH, ME)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of overall skills required in Service delivery “top-to-bottom” (Leadership skills, customer relationship skills, technical skills, in-house work vs. external work skills, etc.)
- Good understanding of software/hardware operating relationships, application interfaces, and user/machine interaction concepts
- Evidence of successfully delivering new types of solutions from concept through to business as usual from a commercial standpoint
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in business management, engineering or related discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of Field Service management experience, preferably in customer service operation